Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Trios for Life!


Last Sunday night, we got a called from the STL's saying that a sister was going home a week early to see her brother off on his mission. So to make sure everyone had a companion, they moved people around and had Sis. Conrad stay with us for a week. I have always been afraid to be in a trio but this was probably one of the funnest weeks of my mission. I have loved being able to serve with Sis. Conrad. She is actually 31 and it has been really neat to learn so much from her! She's so great. We begged for her to just stay with us another transfer but she got transferred :(
Speaking of transfers, I am staying to finish training Sis. Nordstrom! 6 months baby!!! This first transfer literally has FLOWN by. I seriously don't even know where the time has gone. I have learned and grown so much it's crazy. Last night, we set transfer goals and I'm just so excited for what the Lord has in store for us this next 6 weeks! It's going to be so fun!!! :)
This week has been amazing. We have seen miracle after miracle. First, our investigator who got baptized finally received the Holy Ghost!!!!! It was stellar. She was just radiating she was soo happy! It was marvelous.
So this week, we really tried to follow up on all the nonmembers that came to church several weeks for Sumner homecoming. We have really been trying to work with the family to follow up and extend invitations to people to learn more. And we have def seen success my friends! We have picked up 2 of the families that came as investigators. One of the lessons this week in fact was amazing. Apparently, the woman had been taught before so Sumner just asked her about it and asked if she would listen to us again and she said yes. So he set up a lesson for Saturday. In preparation, we really tried to prayer and ponder over what we should teach. As we prayed, I felt really prompted that we should teach her that God is her loving Heavenly Father and how the Gospel Blesses Families and about the Book of Mormon. We all felt really good about this and as we went into the lesson I knew it was perfect for her. Within the first several minutes, she began to weep. We showed her the Because of Him video and she was deeply touched. She responded to the video by saying that she really desired peace and comfort day to day due to previous trials she had faced and she knew that she could find it here. The spirit was so strong and I was so moved by the experience. She is probably one of the most prepared people I have ever met! We are so excited to see how she progresses!
Needless to say, members, extending invitations, and following up are so vital to this work. I have definitely gained a testimony of that this week as we followed up and taught members how to take invitations to the next level. We have seen so much success this week from doing that, even more than the experience I just shared. It has been so amazing.
I also have realized this week, how much Heavenly Father knows this work and knows what we need. Everyone in this life is struggling with something dad to day. My favorite quote is "Be Kind, for everyone you know is fighting a battle." This is so true, but all things unfair in this life can be made right by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In the lesson I just mentioned, I felt the spirit flowing through me as I testified to her of the love God has for her and her family and that He is so aware of her and her needs. I loved that I was able to testify to her that she will find peace through the Book of Mormon. I know these things to be true with my whole heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment