Monday, January 26, 2015

Bring a Friend to Church Day = Success

Yesterday, we did "Bring a Friend to Church Day," with a Linger Longer afterwards! It was a huge success! Plus, Sis. Sperry and I made adorable Halloween cupcakes (thanks, Mom!) The whole day was a huge success. Our Branch President, told us that when he looked into the audience that he saw more people he didn't recognize than ones that he did. It was awesome! Our members really stepped up. It was great too see such success. Even more wonderful is that our recent convert and some less actives really tried hard to bring friends. We are actually teaching some friends of our recent convert this week! We are stoked!

Some really amazing things happened this last week. We have been working with this less active member for a couple weeks now. He lives really close to us so Sis. Sperry went and tried to see him on exchanges but he wasnt home. Well, Sis. Sperry couldn't get his name off her mind and so we finally set up an appt with him. We told him about the YSA and he came to volleyball last week and came to church yesterday! Someone told us that he was bawling in Priesthood and last night he texted us saying "Thanks so much for inviting me. I am really happy I went." Ah miracle. My heart strings were pulled. We are bringing them back into the fold, one lil lamb at a time.
Last week I told y'all about inviting our golden investigator to be baptized on Nov 15? Well, we met with him on Sat and we decided to read 2 Nephi 31 with him! Right after we finished reading it, he said okay so you want me to get baptized? haha it was really funny. We told him we didn't want him to get baptized, the Lord wanted him too. He asked us why Nov 15 and we told him that's what date the spirit told us! And then he said "Im just kidding, thats the date I thought too!" So we committed him to be baptized November 15! WE are so excited! The Lord is preparing His children here!

Last and probably my most favorite miracle this week. So since we got here, we have been working with this LA to come back to church. He's been inactive for 5 years and now he's more active than ever. He bore his testimony last week and he spoke yesterday! He's just doing so great! He also told us that the temple is his goal too. Well, yesterday after the Linger Longer, we talked and he said he is going to drop out off Chiropractic school and go on a mission! I almost hugged him I swear! I was so ecstatic. He's 24 and going to graduate school and yet he wants to drop it all to serve the Lord. Needless to say, I told him I would write him and send him pkgs for 2 years! I was so happy!

This gospel is so true! I couldn'
t imagine anything making me happier at this time! This week in my personal study, a certain scripture struck me and has stuck with me since. It says "First, seek ye the kingdom of God, and all things shall be added unto you." When we put the Lord first, He puts us first. All things will work out for our good!

No comments:

Post a Comment