So life has been crazy. I got a new companion!!! Her name is Sister Martinez. She's super great. The last week of my mission will consist of helping her meet all of the investigators and learn everything she needs to know in one week. haha Challenge Accepted. I know she will be great and I know Heavenly Father put her here for me.
This week we had a baptism! It was great. The service was so beautiful. We met her because she lives with some family members who are members. Kayla cried the whole time. She was really so prepared for this. It made me really realize that what we do matters. We have such an influence as members of the church. It reminds me a quote from Pres. Uchtdorf "Doing the things that matter most, will lead us to the Savior of the world." So do the things that matter most. We don't even realize the effect we have on those around us.
So this is my last email. My last week of my mission. I have been really reflecting on what I want to say. I think the best way to end this wonderful journey I have been on is to list 18 things I have learned on my mission:
1. Don't deny the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The more we listen to them, the more we are in tune to the spirit's influence in our lives.
2. God is not a God of coincidences. He places us where we are, with who we are, when we are there for a reason.
3. The Book of Mormon was meant for our day. It is a tool Heavenly Father has given us so that we can have the spiritual protection necessary for these days.
4. Joseph Smith is undoubtedly a prophet. He saw what he said he saw. Why? Because it makes sense. God would continue speaking to His children because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
5. The Temple is one of the most amazing gifts Heavenly Father has given us. If you want grow closer to Heavenly Father and understand more of your purpose, go to the temple.
6. God intends for us to be happy. The world thinks it has the way to be happy, but true, never-ending joy comes from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
7. Christ is the center of all we do. This is His Church. He is the gospel and everything else is merely appendages to it.
8. The Bible tells us what Christ did, the Book of Mormon tells us why He did it.
9. We cannot live with personal revelation! Our return to Heavenly Father depends on it.
10. The Atonement provides a strengthening and ennabling power. It helps us do and overcome things we cannot imagine.
11. Prayer is the ultimate communication with God. He wants to hear from us even if it seems small and insignificant. He wants to hear the range of our feelings and emotions.
12. Listen to the words of the prophets and apostles. They are modern day scripture. They know what we need to hear.
13. Missionary work is the best work we could be apart of. It is the work of saving souls. It is Gods work.
14. Trust and rely in Heavenly Father and His plan for you. He knows what we are capable of and what our potential is. We can only reach that through with His help.
15. Sometimes we experience trials due to others agency, But sometimes we experience them because the Lord sees it fit for us to grow.
16. The Priesthood power is real and it is on the earth today. Our church could not function without it.
17. The Savior has literally walked the path that we walked. He knows our mortal journey and the experiences we may have. Due to this, we can have an intimate and personal relationship with him.
18. I didn't realize how much I could love and feels Gods love on my mission. And I didn't realize how much it would change me.
Thanks for all the love and support these last 18 months friends and family! I really couldn't have done it without all of you.
Sister Caroline Bailey