Monday, January 26, 2015

2015 Already?!


I am in complete disbelief at how quickly the time has gone. I can't believe its already 2015 and I can't believe how much things have changed! But I know change is good and change is what the Lord intends for us so we can grow. It still gives me anxiety though!

This week was crazy! I got my new companion! Her name is Sis. Oberfield. I Love her a ton!!! She's soooo great. She's from Mesa, AZ so we talk about mesa girl in Illinois probz, like the lack of Mexican food and the cold weather. We really get along though and its fun to see how many of the same places and people we know.

Crazy NY Eve Miracle!! We lost contact with this super awesome investigator. We picked up her husband too but they both dropped our appt. Well when we were grocery shopping the day Sis Oberfield got here, we saw her at the Walmart!! We were so stoked! So we set up an apt to see her this week.

Yesterday was amazing too! We challenged this PM family earlier this week to come to church every Sunday in January and then we will hold family night for them every Saturday night! Well, the kids totally came to church yesterday without their mom too! MIRACLE!

This week I also was able to go to a baptism for a family I taught in my 3rd area. They are a Part-Member family and they hadn't been taught in a couple years and the Elders had had no success in getting in. Well,
they came to a ward picnic and I just talked to them and asked them if we could come over and get to know them better. Then when we started going over them I asked if we could teach the girls and help them get baptized and they said yes! And they were baptized on Saturday! It was so wonderful to see the seed that we planted grow into a tree! The dad even told me "This is all because of your hard work." There is nothing more rewarding in this life than missionary work! How lucky am I that I get to wake up every morning and serve the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment