Monday, January 26, 2015

Sister Training Leader


Saturday morning we had a Relief Society activity. It was soooo fun and I felt so cute and domestic. We made jam, cards, and crafts! In the middle lunch, which was post activity, our phone starts ringing and its Pres Morgan, the mission Pres. He called and asked if I had a few minutes to talk privately. He asked me about the area and if I thought Sis Sperry was capable of running the area and he asked if I sustained him as my mission Pres.  I told him she was more than capable and that of course I did. He then extended me a calling to be a Sister Training Leader. And to briefly explain what that is, its like a girl version of a Zone Leader. We go on exchanges, give trainings, and try to help and support the sisters. I'm excited and nervous. This of course meant I was leaving but Pres wouldn't give my any other info. So the day progressed and it was sad because I really really don't want to leave this area. But that night we got transfers calls and Sis Sperry is training and I get to go to Illinois and be companions with Sis. Firestone (aka my best friend) again!!!!! The Lord knew that leaving this area would be so hard so he placed me in Illinois (because I have never served there before) and with my best friend. I don't know what I did but the Lord is so good to me! And to add a cherry on top, it was my good friend Kerry's baptism that day!!!! My parents were able to go and said it was wonderful! 

I'm so thankful for all of you and your support and love. I'm extremely grateful for my experiences in the YSA these past several months. It has changed me and shaped me. I'm grateful for the experiences I have been able to have and the wonderful people I have been able to to serve with. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a leader and serve some amazing sisters. And I am soooooo grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to serve a mission. I cannot express how much I have loved this opportunity and how much it has changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment