Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Tender Mercies of the Lord

This week has just been a giant emotional rollercoaster. I can't even describe it. I expected things like this to happen on my mission but things have been good for the past 6 months so I guess it was about time for the storm.

I first wanna do a shoutout to my Aunt Danielle who is suffering from cancer. I was able to fast for her on Sunday so I hope she was able to recieve those blessings. For those of you who don't know, my Aunt is currently suffering from Stage 4 Breast Cancer and her condition has worsened. Luckily, I was able to talk to her on the phone this week and say goodbye. Just want to say how much I love you, Aunt Dan!
 
In addition to the family stuff, I just have been struggling. For a pick me up, Sister Firestone and I made Tender Mercy Lists. It was so amazing! I really realized how much the Lord blesses us without even realizing it. The Lord knows and loves us soo individually that he even gives us blessings that are so specific to what makes us happy. I have seen that so much this week and throughout my life. Man I know the Lord loves me.
 
A miracle of the week... So we started teaching a member referral named Caleb. The first lesson with him was awesome. He totally was into everything we said and he seemed to really take it in and ponder and even believe it! WE felt really good about the lesson but then when the member invited him to church, he sorta freaked out..... He felt like he was being pushed and realized that if he accepted the gospel hed have to make some changes. So we tried to call him and to set up another lesson but he never answered. I was sick to my stomach with worry! I prayed so hard and so much for him this week. And then on Tuesday....He called us!!!!!! He said hed love to meet again on Saturday. So we met again and addressed his concerns and it went wonderful! He felt much more comfortable and even said that when he reads the Book of Mormon her feels good!! That's a dream to hear that! And he also texted the member and told her the lesson went great! He truly and sincerely seeks the truth and we could just tell how prepared he is for the gospel! He's such a great guy! It was a wonderful miracle to witness.
 
This week I have truly felt the Lord answering my prayers. I have felt him lift me up and help me keep going. This morning I read a talk about the strengthening and ennabling power of the Atonement. It was exactly what I needed to hear. It testified to me that the Atonement does more than just heal us and provide comfort, it strengthens us and ennables us to change. The gospel is so amazing and so life changing. I know the Atonement is the reason we are even able to exist. Sometimes we face trials and we have our own spiritual storms, but the Lord will immediately stretch forth His hand to elad and guide us!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment