Thursday, June 19, 2014

"The Temple Rocks!"

The miracle of all miracles happened just last Monday! Background story: A couple weeks ago, we got a referral from a member and we went to go contact it. Well when we got there, we got the man's wife and she told us she was too emotional because her husband just left her and she didn't want to talk with us right then. Well ,we felt so sad for her that we just knew we had to go back. So, this past Monday, we went by and dropped off cookies. She told us she couldn't talk to us right then, but was so grateful that we came back. The night she turned us away, she knew she shouldn't have because God sent us to her. So she asked us to come back the next night. The next night we went back and she told us her whole story. We then talked about the Atonement with her. And I got the amazing opportunity to bear my testimony to her that the New Testament explains what Christ did and The Book of Mormon helps us understand why Christ did what He did for us. I couldn't help but get emotional as I reflected on my life and how much the Book of Mormon has healed me. We committed her to read it and she promised us we would! We hope to go back to see her this week! It just amazes me how much we touch people's lives. I feel like what we do is so simple, but it touches people so deeply!
This week we also got to go hiking with our investigator! It was so beautiful and so fun! We really got to connect with her and get to know her more spiritually! She has such a  wonderful relationship with God and we have high hopes for her progression!
Then Saturday was the kicker for the whole week, we got to go to the temple!!! It was sooooo great!!! When I was in there, I was thinking first, I never want to leave, and second this is what life is all about. We need to be getting to the temple. I realized that I need to be picturing all of our investigators going to the temple and helping them get there. As members, we need to be going to the temple and helping those around us get there as well. The temple is such a sacred place where we get to make covenants and claim the blessings God has for us. The temple is our source for strength and power. It is one of my most cherished blessings of the Restoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment