Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Taste of Spring


So this week it has super warmed up! I didn't even have to wear boots or tights or a coat! It was very refreshing. Then the universe was like "psych...." and it got super cold again. Despite the tease, I know Spring is around the corner and it's coming! I am just waiting for it.

Some really, really awesome things happened this week which I am going to highlight. First, because we are serving on a University campus, we are trying to get creative on how to do missionary work and utilize the campus. So on Wednesday, we served hot chocolate at this spot on campus where EVERYBODY goes. It was soooo fun! We talked to so many people and handed out a ton of mormon.org cards. Plus, a lot of the members came and helped. It was so great to see the members take time and do missionary work. It was like they didn't even need us. We all had a ton of fun doing it too. Its not missionary work it's missionary fun! It was awesome to get our name out there and plant a bunch of seeds.
Another awesome moment is our investigator Jennifer! She is fantastic! She loves the gospel a ton and is just willing to sacrifice whatever because she knows this gospel is true. This week we taught the Word of Wisdom. Well, we knew it would be a little difficult for her so we brought our branch mission leader to give her a blessing after the lesson. It was probably one of the most powerful priesthood blessings I have ever witnessed. The Spirit was so strong in the room; it was almost tangible. You could even see a huge difference in Jennifer and her countenance. I am so grateful that I was able to witness such a wonderful manifestation of God's power on the earth and that my faith was able to be apart of it. The Priesthood is such an amazing gift. Another instance, Jennifer called us Sunday morning and she said that she wasn't going to be able to make it to church because she was really sick, but we told her that if she didn't come we would have to move her baptism back a week (because they have to come 3 times to church before baptism). Well, she called us back and was like no way man and she came to church and stuck it out all 3 hrs. Her faith and willingness to do whatever the Lord asks truly inspires me. I feel like I learn more from her than she learns from us.
This week just marked periods of self discovery. I realized that God loves me and His children very much. That the Atonement is soooo real. That Joseph Smith is a prophet and he Restored Christ's Church in these Latter -Days. I realized that every experience we have, whether difficult or easy, is not a coincidence. That although we have the Plan of Salvation, God has His own individualized plan as well for each of us. I love this Gospel with my whole heart. Sometimes missions aren't easy, but there is nowhere I would rather be. Due to this self discvery, I have decided that I am going to take this opportunity to be a missionary one day at a time and cherish every moment that I have. Every day I am going to devote to understanding the Savior and His Atonement and my calling to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment