Thursday, June 19, 2014

Happy Easter!


I am staying for another 6 weeks! I am soo stoked to be able to stay in this area and to see some of the fruits of our labors! I am also excited to be able to stay with Sis. Williams because I know I have so much more to learn from her!

Another piece of ward business, I hit my 9 months of being on my mission this week and this time of the month is a year from when I received my mission call. Can you believe it!? It's crazy to me how much things have changed and how much I have changed in one year. I can't believe I am actually here serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength! It's so wonderful and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else right now.
So this week we really didn't get to see our investigators because they were all super busy, BUT the Lord totally made up for it. The lessons we did have were soo good and we doubled in our less active and member lessons. It was soo marvelous to see how the Lord made up for where we fell short with our goals. Usually, I get super stressed about stuff with that, but when I relied on and had faith in the Lord, He worked everything out for us.
A cool miracle we had this week was that one day we went to see an active sister that just moved in and who the Relief Society had asked us to see. We went by and she wasn't there. We didn't really know what to do, so we prayed and asked Heavenly Father what we should do because we were at a loss. Well ,right when we finished our prayer, we looked up and the sister was pulling into the driveway. The Lord totally answers our prayers and points us in the direction we need to be!

In addition to awesome weather and an awesome week, it was Easter! Church was absolutely beautiful and wonderful! Sis. Williams spoke and we both sang in the choir. And a part member/ less active family we are teaching came too!!! And they got us an Easter gift (I got another cat shirt, heck yeah). Because it was Easter, I really reflected on what part of the Atonement has really struck me. What I have realized is that Christ's Atonement covers his mortal life, his suffering in the Garden, his crucifixion and death, and his resurrection! All of these things are apart of Christ's Atonement for us. His Resurrection has really struck me. In 1 Corinthians 15:22 which states that in Adam all man die, but in Christ all are made alive. Because Christ did one no other mortal being was able to do and was resurrected and suffered the Atonement we are all able to be made alive again both physically and spiritually. I know my Savior lives because he lives in each of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment