Sunday, December 22, 2013

Melanie and Gary are Baptized!

First, thanks everybody for your emails and prayers. It really means a lot to me. I can feel your love and support everyday!

This email may be on the shorter side because I spent half my life in Champaign (which is an hour away). So transfer doctrine, drum roll........... I'm STAYING. No surprise, I pretty much want to live out the rest of my life in Indiana. But Sister Scott is leaving. She will be training and opening a new area in Crystal City Missouri. I really am gonna miss her but I am excited to spread my wings and fly! My new companion is Sister Vilingia! She is polynesian and has been out 6 months! The word on the street though is that she is super rad so I am excited for the change! But because Sister Scott is training, she had to take another girl who is also training (who doesn't have a car) down to St. Louis for the trainer meeting. So I spent the day with Sis. Collett in Champaign in the YSA ward! It was actually really fun and I learned so much from Sis. Collett. I could for sure see myself serving at a university in the future!
 
So the biggest news that I have to offer is MELANIE AND GARY ARE BAPTIZED! AAAAAHHHHHAAHAHHA. Can I just say that I balled all day Sunday. So we first met with Melanie and Gary on Monday to see if they were all ready for the baptism on the upcoming Sunday. When they let us in they were like we hope you can stay for the rest of the night, we made Ehtiopian food and prepared FHE and then we are going to carve pumpkins! First, ethiopian food is tres bon, second, it was nuts to go into their home and have them teach us something, and third, we finally got to carve pumpkins! I was going to do a cat but their daughter mary did it so I didn't want to copy her! Their family is just soo prepared! So Sunday rolled around and it was fabulous. Fast and Testimony meeting was soo spiritual, that's where the crying began. The rest of the meetings were wonderful as well. Then the baptism was right after church. As soon as Sister Strawser got up and gave her talk, Sister Scott, Melanie and I were done for. The water works just started. After the talks, we headed for the font. I went to the bathroom to help Melanie and hold her towel and she was just balling. It was sooo beautiful. The program was just fantastic. People told us it was the most spiritual convert baptism they had ever been too.
 
I am so grateful for the Cxxxxxx family. They have touched my life forever. I feel so blessed to be the missionary to witness their conversion. I can't believe Sis. Scott found her when she was walking down the street and saw Melanie sweeping her porch 5 months ago and now they are baptized. Man, I love this gospel more than I thought possible. I love these people more than I thought possible. During the baptism, all I could think was, "this is what this work is all about, this is why I am here, this is worth every sacrifice."
 
The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the most beautiful gift Heavenly Father could give each of us. I can't describe how joyful and how happy I am to be a bearer of the truth and an instrument in the Lord's hands. I love my Savior so much and I know that through Him, all things are possible. I feel more blessed and more happy than I have for a very long time. I know my Savior Lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves me so much. I can see it every single day. I am thankful for the happiness and joy the gospel brings. Nothing is comparable to this gospel. So all of you dont give up, don't stop, don't let yourselves get tired. Because how great your joy will be when you bring one soul unto him! Even if it's your own. Because the work you do will affect past and future generations. I love my calling. I love being a missionary. Its sad that after the mission, my only worry wont be sharing my testimony every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment