Sunday, December 22, 2013

Brrrrrr!

It has really chilled up out here in Indiana. There is talk of possible snow storms in the next couple of weeks. Please keep me in your prayers for my Arizona blood may not be able to handle it!

So my new companion is Sis. Vilingia. (picture attached) She's tongan and sooooo rad.  We are co-senior companions, although she has been out longer than me. Since she has been out for awhile, she has so much great experience! I think she will bring the change Covington needs so I am excited to see some differences!! It will be great!

Saying goodbye to Sis. Scott was hard though. She really became a sister to me. Tears were shed when she left. Her last day here we said some goodbye's to people. We went to the Cxxxxx and gave them a picture of the temple and wrote our testimonies on the back! Then, they showed us their testimonies, they wrote down, of the gospel and the baptism. It was really touching. Tears were shed, again, I must be a girl or something. But I love their family a ton. The gospel is perfect for them and they are perfect for the gospel. They received the Holy Ghost on Sunday and Gary received the priesthood! Next stop, Patriarchal blessing! Soooo exciting!! 

Because we were in an out of Covington, due to Transfers, we really didn't see any investigators! But on Sunday, our investigators, whom we haven't seen since Oct. 30 and who said that something was holding them back from church, came to church!!! And it was the Primary Program I know they felt the Spirit! We are excited to follow up with them this week and see what they thought!

This transfer I decided to really focus on the Savior. I have started reading Jesus the Christ and other talks on the Atonement. My reason for doing this is because I want to be more like Him. I want to love the way He loved, and served the way He served. The more I learn about Him, the more I realize how much He and my Heavenly Father love me. In what other church will you find people teaching us that Savior and Heavenly Father have provided every single opportunity to have us return to them. At the last day, it won't be us begging for the Savior to let us enter the celestial kingdom. He will be telling us that He has paid the price for us and that He loves us enough to let us enter! Ah, I love gospel and I love that I get to wear the Savior's name on my tag everyday.

Sorry for those who think I am being mushy and spiritual, but I feel prompted to share my feelings. I hope that my testimony and touched some of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment