Sunday, February 16, 2014

From Cornfields to the City...


So here is the background on my new area! I am literally serving at the University of Missouri Campus. But I have already told everyone I am a Hoosier for life so I will never become a Tiger. I may consider reppin some Tiger pride...maybe.... My new companion, Sis. Firestone, and I are whitewashing...which no one told us so that's been exciting. We took the Zone Leaders area and they moved to a family ward. We live with another set of sisters whom we share the area with. We don't have a car so we walk everywhere. It's actually been super great. And the University just went on Christmas break and will be on break til the end of January- unusual I know. SO we are basically opening the area because there is no one here! So it;s been quite the adventure!

The campus is beautiful! It;s weird to go from cornfields to the city but its been waaay fun! Sis. Firestone and I have been working our tails off and I know this place will become on fire once everyone comes back. 

Something cool this week though, our investigator, Dong, who is chinese, we finally met him and taught him last night. The Elders were teaching him at the Stake President's home and so they were there and so were some other missionaries too. We taught the lesson and all we did was go through the Christmas story! It went soo well. I was really nervous about it but the spirit was soo strong it didn't even matter. It was amazing to see someone with no idea of Christianity come to a point where they know they have a relationship with the Savior.

That's really what I want to talk about. This season is amazing because Christ's birth is a miracle. This week has been a struggle, but I truly feel like the Savior has picked me up and helped me keep working hard. I don't know where I would be without the Savior. I feel His love everyday and I know He lives. This gospel is beautiful and amazing and I can't believe I get to see it change people's lives! Ah man the Church is true!



No comments:

Post a Comment