Sunday, February 16, 2014

MIssourah

The funniest thing about the Midwest is that no one says Missouri, they all say Missourah

So our week was..... AMAZING. I know the Lord tried us so he could show us success because we sure had it this week. We picked up plenty of  new investigators and found a ton of potentials. we even set a baptismal date (the elders passed him on to us but still) It's been wonderful. The Lord answers prayers and His hand is in all things. I couldn't be more appreciative to Him and all he has done for me. Although we did see success, we also had discouraging moments. But you know what's great, through these past struggling weeks, I have learned to faith and rely on God's plan. So amazing, huh?
s all about. Being a missionary is so rewarding, nothing can compare.
My highlight spiritual moment. We just picked up this guy as an investigator. I don't want to reveal too much about him so this will be kinda vague. But when we met with him, he told us his whole life story. At the end of it all, I felt really inspired to shared 3 Nephi 11 where the Savior has everybody come one by one to touch the nail prints. Then I cross referenced it with Isaiah where the Savior talks about how He engravens us on His hands. By the end, all of us were crying. It was amazing how through the Spirit, we were able to help our investigator feel the blessings of the Atonement. Ah so wonderful. After the lesson, I was like this is what it's all about!
So my companion and I have started a scripture reading club with a Less Active. We are all reading the Book of Mormon again but we have picked an inspiring question and as we read we will look for the answers. This week we read 1 Nephi 1-5. Oh man was that awesome. I loved it. My inspiring question is "How do I know Heavenly Father Loves me? I found sooo many answers in just those 5 chapters. The Book Of Mormon is the word of God. I know it with my whole soul. It is one of the greatest evidences that Heavenly Father loves us.

Man being a missionary rocks. I love my companion and I love being here in Columbia. The Church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment