Sunday, February 16, 2014

Minus 3 Degrees!

The temperature here in good ole Missouri is -3 degrees! Can you believe it!! Crazy huh? They predict that the wind chill is supposed to be harmful to all of us humans so we are supposed to avoid the outside. This is unusual for my AZ-ness.

As for my week it was pretty good. We tried to stay busy as best as we could. There are more people on campus so we have been able to talk to more people. We were also able to meet with a lot of members so that was great too. Yesterday, they cancelled church, due to snow, so we haven't met the whole branch yet, but those we have met are super, super awesome! It's great to see some of the fruits of our labors! Plus, I feel like the Lord has already helped me grow so much. When I first got here, I had anxiety that I wouldn't be able to talk to people. Weird I know, but it's hard to just go up to random strangers and talk to them. But after being here for 3 weeks! It's a breeze. I can talk to anyone with ease. I LOVE being able to just talk to people about the gospel.

Funny story! So we have been looking for a place to volunteer and we finally found one at the food pantry! We started volunteering there on Saturday and it was super fun. While we were there though, a woman who was also volunteering came up to us and was super secretive and asked us to tell her our "mormon secrets." Then she went off about passwords and stuff.  It was soooo strange and soo funny! Definitely a highlight of the week.

Because the work is slower I have had a lot of time to ponder and such. Some of the things I have realized that how much of a human I am. The natural man is killer. But luckily we have the Savior. Because it really truly is all about Him. I have realized how much I rely on Him. The only way for us to be happy is if we come unto Him and have faith in Him. He is the only name by which we can obtain salvation! And I have realized how amazing Heavenly Father is. Although He is the God of the whole world, I am able to have my own personal relationship with Him. How awesome is that! How awesome is it to be a missionary. I love this work I get to be  apart of!



No comments:

Post a Comment