Tuesday, October 22, 2013

One Transfer Down!


I cannot believe I have accomplished one transfer (period of 6 weeks) here in good 'ole Indiana! It flew by! My companion and I are staying because training lasts 3 months, but half of our district is leaving! Because we all serve in the same ward we got pretty close, so it's sad to see them leave but I know it's for the best and that change is good! The Elders are so awesome though! 3 of them are training, one's going to be a district leader, and ones going to be a zone leader! Attached is a picture of all of us at Sunday yesterday!

This week has been so busy. Everyday is full of stuff. I can honestly say I feel exhausted, but hey I better get used to it for the next 16 months! 

Our teaching this week has been the most it has been! We have 2 baptismal dates! One on Oct 12th and one on Nov 2nd. We also invited two investigators to baptism and they said yes! The husband, Brian, is just so busy at work we are waiting til things calm down so we can set a date! This week we are hoping to really get some finding done! We are going to ask everyone we talk to for referrals and spend lots of time tracting! We know people are waiting to hear the beautiful message of the gospel!

Melanie, our most progressing investigator, is doing absolutely fantastic! While teaching her this week we asked her if she prayed about the date of Oct 12th for baptism and she said that she did and everything points to yes! We even finally got her to pray and it was beautiful! She prayed for the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and us! I got choked up! She came to church again yesterday. It was great. We had a linger longer after church and she stayed for it and even brought some delicious cake! And last night we were at a members home, the Strawsers, who live down the street from her, and we saw her and her family walking by so we invited them in! We got to know her husband a little more and they are actually having FHE with us and the Strawsers and the Strawsers home tonight! Melanie even said we could start teaching her husband too and that he wants to learn more! Things are just going so great with Melanie.

Man this week has been sooo fun though! If you all go to my facebook page you will see pictures from the Color Run. It was a 5k, in a town in our area, where they throw chalk on you as you run! It was soo fun! We went with a member and we ran it in 35 min! Which is actually pretty good considering I have never ran a 5k in my life! We ran most of it and finished in the top 30 out of 500 people. It was hard and I am still sore, but there are more 5k's coming up that I am excited to run. That same night though we tore down that woman's walls (the same one from last week) again so we didn't wash our hair because we knew we would get dirty again! Apparently, I didn't realize how much chalk was in my hair because it was pink the whole day and I am still finding pink today. haha

Well this Church is true and I am so grateful to be representative of the Savior. It is my responsibility to do and say what He would do and say if He were here. How great is my calling! 



No comments:

Post a Comment