Saturday, August 10, 2013

"I Hope They Call Me On a Mission..."

Man have the spiritual times been rolling though. I will try to keep my thoughts cohesive but I just have soo much I want to share. First, how little did I know before the MTC. Before the MTC you think you have a testimony and you are somewhat prepared to teach the gospel..HAHA no. Heavenly Father truly humbles you while you are here so he can show you what it is truly like to be converted (watch the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar, it changed my life!) I have never felt so close to my Savior in my entire life, and I have only been here a week. I realized that if I had never decided to go on a mission I would never have learned and grown the way I have. I am so grateful to be apart of Heavenly Father's work and to be His humble servant.  I learned that to truly be converted we must be changed. We must begin to turn outward when the natural man would have us turn inward. Jesus Christ suffered so much for us in the garden. And what did he do when he was done taking on the sins of the world and having sweat pour out as drops of blood? He didn't seek recognition or praise. He healed the guards ear and humbly died on the cross for us. I realized that who am I to seek recognition for this sacrifice that I have made. I am here because this is the Lord's work and he has given me the wonderful opportunity to be apart of it!
 
Faith works too. I realized that when I got here, I probably had little faith. But being here, faith works my friends. If you have faith the Spirit will come, He will. If you have faith an invstigator will begin to change, he will. If you ahve faith the scriptures will answer your questions, they will. And if you have faith that God will speak to you, He will. That is what is so beautiful and powerful about faith. And honestly I am trying to exercise as much of it as I can. It's neat to think that the Brother of Jared saw the Lord's finger. He didn't see it at first. God began to light the stones, like the Brother of Jared asked. The Brother of Jared's faith increased to the point that he was able to see the Lord's hand. THAT IS SO COOL. You know why those miracles don't occur anymore, because of the lack of faith! You learn so much rad stuff here.
 
Being at the MTC, you think great I am going to learn how to be a missionary. But you don't just learn that. You learn how to be a disciple of Christ. That is why I love it here.
 
Our devotional Sunday was given by Jenny Baker, Elder Oak's daughter.  She's a famous violinist and so it was a musical devotional! It was beautiful! Then we watched the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar!! I have never been so chastized and edified in my life! It was sooo great! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment